Friday, December 20, 2019

Strength for the Long Road

We just finished a period ot time where we were very busy in the deputation mode. We visited 27 churches in 6 states within 6 months. It was a time of good fellowship and meeting new friends in the body of Christ but it was also exhausting. Several weekends would approach and I had no idea how I was going to make it through. I was tired of meeting new people, going new places. There was a level of physical exhaustion that I experienced as well.

Through this experience, I discovered that God provided me with the strength and energy I needed each week. I felt like throwing in the towel on Friday night and by the time we arrived at the church, I would have the strength to greet, preach and present. There are still some homebound trips in the Flex that I do not remember due to being so tired! Again, a display of 2 Corinthians 12:9, "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

It was through those long weeks God began the process of teaching me what it meant to experience His Grace as I served Him. This is not a lesson learned though. I am still in the process of truly grasping God's love and grace, as we all are. Remembering those hardest of times where I felt like giving up and not going to the next church and how God provided what I needed for that weekend (not the next weekend) will always be a source of confidence moving forward.

I look forward to how God will use this busy time and am thankful that He used it to show me what it truly means to allow His strength to work through me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

God is my Refuge

 So often a new missionary thinks, "If I can only make it through deputation, things will look better and get easier." While some ...